Thursday, October 13, 2011

Roommate Day!

I didn't have to work last Monday thanks to Christopher Columbus' conquest of early America. So Justin and I decided to have Gay-Roommate Day!

After pressing snooze on my iPhone 4 or 5 times I got out of bed and browsed www.imgur.com at my window. Justin came in and said he wanted to make pancakes, but first he had to find a fruit vendor. I pointed at the one on the corner. I saw them peeling oranges, but I was pretty sure they had apples. I didn't stay at the window to see. I went to take a shower.

When I got out of the shower I smelled apples, pancake batter, and...smoldering cinnamon. Justin made apple cinnamon pancakes with sliced up bits of apples in them. I have to hand it to Justin, he can really make a pancake. I put applesauce on mine, so it was like this gooey apple deliciousness.


Justin and I wanted to do something new and exciting. We picked the Natural History Museum because neither of us had seen it yet. After some debate over which 1-line stop we needed we walked a few blocks to the backside of the Museum. This is when I started taking pictures. If I haven't put them up yet start bugging me until I do.

As we we're walking Justin's shoe lace came untied. He said I should tie it for him. I said no. He said, "Fuck you, I made you pancakes!" But I still wouldn't give in. But I did get a nice picture of him tying his shoe.



...You know what. This entry is going to be too long at this rate. I'll just skipped to my favorites.


Favorite thing #1: The movie in the planetarium. Whoopi Goldberg narrated a movie about starts. The theatre was pretty much an I-Max dome. The imagery was astounding even though I felt a little motion sick towards the end. My favorite part took place inside a nebula. The way the colors unfurled down around the dome just blew me away.



#2 Hall of gems and minerals. I like sparkly objects. I took a bajillion pictures (check my Facebook). Justin tricked me into sitting on a stump of petrified wood. Security yelled at me.



#3 The Under Water Hall. There was a giant Blue Whale suspended from the celling. How cool is that??



#4 Getting Nachos / Calamari with Justin at nice Restaurant.



#5 Wandering the village in search of a Tarot card reader. We found one but she charged 45$. I was like "F-that, I'll do it myself." So I bought cards and a little how-to book. This will only end in hilarity. I also saw a tricycle covered in yarn.



#6 Little Britain. Seriously... Netflix it.

This is all I have for now till something relevant hits me. Like a folded up newspaper. ZING!

~n

2 comments:

  1. Little Britain is hilarious!!! "computer says no..."

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMNH is the best natural history museum I've been in, and I've been in quite a few. The Sea Monsters IMAX movie is the only 3D movie whose 3D I really enjoyed. The giant ecosphere was also very cool. The fossils in the collection I was there to look at were woefully unprepared, though... :/

    ReplyDelete